Friday, March 19, 2010

first swimming meet!!


Yesterday was our first official swim meet of the season against Carlmont high school. I think i did considerably well individually. In the beginning, the coach kinda of switch our events a little bit, so I ended up doing the 200 free, which is 8 laps! I was so scared and nervous because the only time i've done that in a race was my first race freshman year, and I hated it so much! But, i actually got second so i was really happy. It meant I improved! And for butterfly, i was 0.3 sec away from first place!!! on the last 400 free rely, we were ahead but then we lost it in the middle, and we were third. I was anchor, which is the last person to go, and I really wanted to win, so I was able to swim past the second place girl and earned our rely team second place :D i think that was the highlight of the meet for me. I can't wait till next thur! I may complain a lot, but no matter what, I love swimming!

ohhh, and today is a half day!! so i get out of school at 12:30, but we have swim practice at 1:30 :[ oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment