Friday, March 5, 2010

Swimming and elephant toothpaste


Swimming season hast started. I love it because it doesn't stress me out like basketball does (which, btw, we went undefeated, 10-0 :D) My favorite strokes are butterfly, then freestyle, then breaststroke, then backstroke. Swimming relaxes me, and I love the meets because its a lot of fun and there's always food there and its a lot of fun hanging out with you fellow team mates.

In Chemistry
, we did a lab where we made elephant toothpaste. We mixed hydrogen peroxide with some liquid soap, then added a catalyst and poof, the yellow foam you see at the left erupted. Everyone was amazed and I thought it was really cool. The foam was hot and steamy and people began to play around with it. I wonder if they really brush an elephant's teeth with this....

No comments:

Post a Comment